Are you a musician or group who wants some performance practice? Do you like flower arranging? Would you like to read to someone? Do you love arts and crafts – an ex teacher perhaps, or an enthusiastic amateur – and would like to share your skills and interests with others? Maybe you can spare even just an hour a month? Then get in touch with us – BECAUSE WE NEED YOU! Click here and fill out a form with how you think you would like to help, and we will contact you and will welcome you to CAFE charity!
We are seeking volunteers to spend time with elderly people. How ever little time you can spare, it will all be valuable to us, and rewarding to you. Training and support is offered to all volunteers.
Not able to be a volunteer? Then, as a member, you can get involved with our fund raising – bring us your ideas and talents. Coffee mornings, quizzes, art exhibitions of our residents wonderful work, musical concerts, dances (ballroom, latin and sequence) – these are just some of the things that we do.
Please get in touch now!
Starting as a CAFE Volunteer
- You will be asked to attend an informal interview with one or two members of the CAFE committee, where you can ask questions about the charity and the volunteer role.
- CAFE will arrange a visit where you accompany an existing CAFE volunteer to a CAFE care home to observe a creative session.
- You will need to provide two references, (not family or relatives).
- CAFE will organise and pay for your DBS check, as you will be working with vulnerable adults.
- CAFE will arrange a basic two day training course and further training throughout the year at volunteer sharing days.
What is expected of CAFE Volunteers
- You will need to attend the agreed CAFE care home on a regular basis – either fortnightly or monthly, by agreement with the home.
- It is hoped that you will stay with CAFE for a minimum of six months and preferably one year due to the cost and expense of training volunteers and placing them in the care homes.
- You will need to allow time for buying materials and planning your creative session for the CAFE care home. The cost of materials and travel expenses will be reimbursed by the care home.
- If possible CAFE would like to see work you do with the care home residents displayed in the care home for everyone to enjoy.
- If you can’t attend your session for any reason then you should contact the CAFE care home as soon as possible and rearrange another time to visit.